Have you noticed anything odd happening with your oral health lately? Do you know what the warning signs of oral cancer are? Oral cancer is a serious condition and can happen to anyone, not just those who smoke or drink alcohol.
Our dentist, Dr. Kevin Scott, is happy to help you with your oral health needs, including an oral cancer screening. That is why our team at Sterling Ridge Dental Center in The Woodlands, Texas, wants to shed some light on the subject for you.
Here are some typical signs and symptoms of oral cancer:
– Patches: if you see white, red or blotchy patches in your mouth, this could be a danger sign of oral cancer.
– Bleeding: Any mysterious bleeding in your mouth or throat is always a warning sign that should not be neglected.
– Swelling: Inflammation or lumps on your lips and gums or anywhere inside your mouth is always a sign something needs to be addressed.
– Restrictions: If you find it difficult to chew, swallow foods or drinks, speaking or even moving your jaw and tongue at all, there could be a tumor preventing these things from happening.
– Sensitivity: If you have inexplicable numbness, tenderness or any loss of feeling in your face, mouth or neck, you need to see an oral health care professional right away.
If you are in need of an oral cancer screening, or if you have questions about your oral health, please call us today at 281-363-3308 to make an appointment. Our friendly dental team looks forward to assisting you and helping you in any way we can.